Learn to Fish lessons just 1 hour from Toronto on the Grand River.
Thanks to Grand River Rafting, we are granted access to their waterfront farm and camping area less than 1km from the 403.
Learn to fish the shallow and flowing Grand River near Brantford Ontario. These lessons require guests to walk into the water to place their baits in the “strike zone”.
River fishing can be challenging, but also rewarding. Your guides will teach you how to “read” the river.
During the “Learn to Fish” lesson our Guides teach the following:
- choosing the correct reel and rod
- how to tie proper knots
- different techniques for rigging fishing weights
- how to cast and retrieve techniques
- choice of baits, lure actions and colours
- learning where the fish are and when to fish
- Setting the hook in a fish and line tension
- Safely handling the fish and removing the hook
- How to read the fishing regulations
- How to do your part in fish conservation ethics
Grand River – “Walk and Wade” Learn to fish lessons
What you need to bring:
- A fishing license if between the age of 18 to 65 years of age, Sun glasses, sun screen, a hat, insect repellent, solid soled shoes for wading on a rocky bottom and shorts
- A backpack with lunch, 2 water, a camera for taking pictures
Grand River “Walk and Wade” lessons ( only 1 hour from Toronto )
|Number of People
|Cost per Person